Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thinking

"The minifestation of the wind of thought is not knowledge; it is the ability to tell right from wrong, beautiful from ugly. And this, at the rare moments when the stakes are on the table, may indeed prevent catastrophes, at least for the self."

I have a clear understanding of what this quote is saying and I agree with it. Thoughts run our minds every moment of everyday. Sometimes these thoughts can make us go off track and affect what things we are trying to accomplish. Our thinking seems to always run away with us at the most important moments.

As I sat on the bench of the Minnesota State Championship game I thought to myself can we win this game, even though we were down two games to none. Everytime I even thought once to myself we may not be able to do this. One play would go wrong and we lost a point. This is an example of how negative thinking and thoughts of disbelief can affect the result in an important moment. After two games of play we were down, but at this moment everyone knew it wasn't over. From this moment we played like champions, our posative thoughts drove us to a miraculous win! Thinking can affect your actions, results, and also everyone else. Sometimes it helps if you ask your self this question. Can my thoughts really affect my ability to compete, think, or reach the goal I truely want? Even if it does not help posative thinking can not hurt you, so why not better your odds of getting what you want.

Thinking is more than a thought. It's a state of mind that can affect your every move and the results that you reach. Why do we cloud are minds with negative thoughts when we know that they will never help us achieve?

No comments: